Cover Supervisor Programme (Secondary)
This programme is for Secondary School Cover Supervisors who have a desire to be more effective in the classroom when supporting learning. Following the programme they leave with clear ideas of;
- how to enhance the climate for learning
- management of learning and behaviours
- facilitating effective learning
This programme is recognised by Billericay Educational Consortium Initial Teacher Training provider (BEC ITT) in supporting professional development towards gaining Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
About the Programme
The programme comprises four afternoon sessions over two weeks. A key aspect is the opportunity to share previous experience, expertise and new learning with colleagues in a safe, supportive yet challenging environment. The following will be explored:
- High expectations, High engagement in learning
- Behaviours for Learning and Classroom Management
- Supporting Learning strategies and techniques (Questioning, Problem Solving and finding solutions, Monitoring, Feeding back and reporting to Classroom Teacher, Identifying why barriers to learning occur, Problem Solving and finding solutions, Differentiation)
The programme includes Ward Rounds and Classroom observations, Action Planning, Post Sessional challenges for delegates to try out new learning and share outcomes at the following session; and exploring Coaching as an effective method to bring about learning.
Cover Supervisors will feel inspired and motivated to take their learning back into school having an immediate impact on the students in the classroom.
Who is delivering the Programme?
Phil Parkin has a wealth of experience designing and delivering bespoke training in schools. He has experience in various middle leader and senior roles including Head of Upper School and Assistant Head responsible for teaching and learning and CPD. Hi is a Professional Mentor for trainee teachers and NQTs, and is an accredited coach and facilitator, facilitating numerous programmes including NPQSL, ITP, OTP and Cover supervisor programme.
How will my students benefit?
The implementation of the techniques shared on the programme will impact directly on the challenge and engagement in lessons and subsequent progress and attainment that the students achieve.
What will the impact be?
Cover Supervisors will;
- have an increased understanding of Pedagogy and practice in bringing about effective learning
- increase their current skills, strategies and techniques used in the classroom
- increase the enjoyment of the role through enhanced Behaviour Management ’for’ and ’of’ Learning
- raise levels of engagement and achievement in learning
- use coaching strategies to further develop student ownership and belief of learning.
- Be able to think on their feet to support access to learning
Arranging a Bespoke In-School Programme
Should you wish to arrange a bespoke programme held at your school for up to 12-14 delegates, please contact us.
|Course start date||11 June 2019|
|Course duration||4 x half days over approximately 4 weeks|
|Course end date||03 July 2019|
|Course time||1:00 pm-4:00 pm|
|Venue||The Billericay School, School Rd, Billericay, CM11 2UB|
|Cost||£200 (£180 for Billericay TSA members)|