Who We Are Looking For?
Billericay Educational Consortium SCITT are looking for individuals who are in their penultimate year of a Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM) related degree course and are interested in teaching secondary Maths or Physics after graduating.
They have 7 Mathematics and 3 Physics places available. These PAID internships will take place during June and July 2019 and will last for 4 weeks.
What’s In It For You
• Earn £1,200 over 4 weeks.
• Experience what life as a teacher is really like. Gain classroom experience, shadowing teachers and observing lessons.
• Receive one-to-one guidance and mentoring from outstanding teachers.
• Weekly subject sessions with current trainees to improve your subject knowledge.
• Discuss with your mentor skills such as effective questioning and behaviour management.
After 4 weeks you will certainly know if teaching is for you – if so, they can then help you with your UCAS application and support you with the skills tests and plan for future visits to the school.
Alternatively, for further information, visit https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/school-experience/paid-internships or visit the Billericay Educational Consortium website at wwww.billericayscitt.com