Who is this course for?
For Primary and Secondary staff who are, or are aspiring to become, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities e.g. an experienced middle leader, a deputy head teacher, an assistant head teacher, or other senior staff.
Leading across a school – participants will lead an improvement project in a team, lasting at least 2 terms, to reduce variation in pupil progress and attainment and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of teaching.
The qualification is split across 6 areas:
- Managing Resources
- Leading with Impact
- Working in Partnership
- Teaching and Curriculum Excellence
- Increasing Capacity
- Strategy and Improvement
What is included in the cost of the programme?
- Face to face and twilight sessions
- Access to additional Online Learning Areas and all materials to complement their programme and to support their individual development
- Online discussions and support
- Two 360 diagnostic development tools (one before starting and the second to be taken towards the end), with full report and workbook to support planning for your development
- Final assessment – participants are required to:
- Submit a written account of the project, demonstrating how they have met the criteria. This should cover the design, implementation and evaluation of the project (5000 words)
- Submit supporting documents and materials as evidence
How long does the NPQSL take?
The qualification can take between 12 and 18 months to complete, with a maximum study time for the whole qualification of 150 hours.
Headteachers will be required to assign a sponsor to each participant. The sponsor plays a key role in supporting the participant in carrying out tasks related to the areas above, developing quality evidence and completing the assessment form.
This course is currently unavailable through The Billericay TSA, but is available through our Licensee, Leadership East via Carillon Strategic. Contact Sherrie Miles – email@example.com or 0845 0308940
To discuss the programme further, please contact
Melanie Jones, Billericay TSA Administrator
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01277 314420