Who is this course for?
For those who are, or are aspiring to become, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities e.g. an experienced middle leader, a deputy head teacher, an assistant head teacher, or other senior staff.
Leading across a school – participants will lead an improvement project in a team, lasting at least 2 terms, to reduce variation in pupil progress and attainment and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of teaching.
The qualification is split across 6 areas:
- Managing Resources
- Leading with Impact
- Working in Partnership
- Teaching and Curriculum Excellence
- Increasing Capacity
- Strategy and Improvement
What is included in the cost of the programme?
- One full face to face day and four late afternoon sessions
- Access to additional Online Learning Areas and all materials to complement their programme and to support their individual development
- Online discussions and support
- Two 360 diagnostic development tools (one before starting and the second to be taken towards the end), with full report and workbook to support planning for your development
- Final assessment – participants are required to:
- Submit a written account of the project, demonstrating how they have met the criteria. This should cover the design, implementation and evaluation of the project (5000 words)
- Submit supporting documents and materials as evidence
How long does the NPQSL take?
The qualification can take between 12 and 18 months to complete, with a maximum study time for the whole qualification of 150 hours.
Are you eligible for a fully-funded place?
We are able to offer fully-funded places on the NPQs to those applicants working in a school in an Opportunity Area (OA), see here or a Category 5 or 6 area, see here.
Date and Time: 1 full day (9.30am – 4.00pm): Friday 12th October 2018 and 4 late afternoons (2.30pm – 5.30pm): Wednesday 28th November 2018, Tuesday 29th January 2019, Wednesday 20th March 2019, Monday 10th June 2019
Venue: The Billericay School, School Road, Billericay, Essex, CM12 9LH
Cost: £1,075 per delegate
Booking Details and Further information
Please see links below to the flyer and booking form for the NPQSL. Please complete the booking form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
To discuss the programme further, please contact
Melanie Jones, Billericay TSA Administrator
E: email@example.com T: 01277 314420