Who is this course for?
For those in Primary or Secondary schools who are, or are aspiring to become, a middle leader with responsibility for leading a team e.g. a key stage leader, a curriculum area leader, a pastoral services leader, a subject leader, a special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO), or a Head of Department.
Leading a Team – Participants will lead an improvement project in a team, lasting at least 2 terms, aimed at improving pupil progress and attainment and the capability of their team.
The qualification is split across 6 areas:
- Managing Resources
- Leading with Impact
- Working in Partnership
- Teaching and Curriculum Excellence
- Increasing Capacity
- Strategy and Improvement
What is included in the cost of the programme?
- One full face to face day and four late afternoon sessions (Note: if face to face sessions are not possible in light of Covid-19, sessions will take place remotely)
- Access to additional Online Learning Areas and all materials to complement their programme and to support their individual development
- Online discussions and support
- Two 360 diagnostic development tools (one before starting and the second towards the end), with full report and workbook to support planning for your development
- Final assessment – participants are required to:
- Submit a written account of the project, using a template provided, demonstrating how they have met the criteria (4500 words)
- Submit supporting documents and materials as evidence.
How long does the NPQML take?
The qualification can take between 12 and 18 months to complete, with a maximum study time for the whole qualification of 150 hours.
Headteachers will be required to assign a sponsor to each participant. The sponsor plays a key role in supporting the participant in carrying out tasks related to the areas above, developing quality evidence and completing the assessment form.
Note: Our Accredited NPQ Provider is Leadership East. Further information can be found at https://leadershipeast.org/
Date and Time: 1 full day – 11 Nov 2020 (9.30am – 4.00pm) Sponsors to attend during the afternoon & 4 late afternoons – 10 Feb, 24 Mar, 25 May & 29 Jun 2021 (2.30pm – 5.30pm)
Venue: Mayflower High School, Stock Road, Billericay, Essex, CM12 0RT
Cost: £975 per delegate
Booking Details and Further information
To book, please CLICK HERE to be taken to our online booking system.
Please also see link below to the flyer.
> Click here for NPQML Flyer (PDF)
If you wish to discuss this programme any further, please contact 2020-21
Melanie Jones, Billericay TSA Administrator
E: email@example.com T: 01277 314420