Secondary Subject Networks (2019 - Various Subjects)
To attend a Secondary Subject Network, please email your name, school, position/title Exam Board/Specification worked with and network you require to email@example.com. Please click on the link to the right for our SSN flyer and Agenda for each meeting.
For Secondary School Subject Leaders, Teachers, NQTs & Trainees
Our termly secondary subject networks continue to go from strength to strength with 43 schools and over 300 teachers having engaged in meetings so far. If you would like to see a network running beyond those listed below, please get in touch via the Contact tab! Given the huge expansion of these networks over the last two years, an annual whole school membership fee of £50 will now apply assisting network administration. This fee covers all teaching staff across your school for all networks running during this academic year. Networks are FREE to all Billericay Teaching School Alliance Members. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about the benefits of being a member including course reductions and free courses.
About the networks
Come together with like-minded colleagues to join this sequence of network meetings hosted in various Secondary schools across South East Essex during June and July 2019 (see full details and specific dates below) to share ideas and good practice, and explore challenges and opportunities!
Where previous networks have already taken place, colleagues have benefitted from valuable discussions from some or all of the following areas:
- Developing strategies, and sharing ideas
- Exam moderation, Exam Boards and Resources
- Sharing resources and exemplar material
- Curriculum changes, challenges and planning
- Progression through KS3-5, The New Syllabus
- Assessment, and challenges through KS3-5
Current networks available:
- MEDIA – Great Baddow High School, CM2 9RZ – 26 June 2019 (16.15-17.30).
- MATHS, DRAMA, DT &VOCATIONAL COURSES, ENGLISH and PSHE – The Billericay School, CM12 9LH – 26 June 2019 (16.15-17.30)
- FILM – The Bromfords School, SS12 0LZ – 18 June 2019 (16.15-17.30)
- MFL – The Billericay School, CM12 9LH – 26 June 2019 (16.00-17.30)
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS – Moulsham High School, CM2 9ES – 26 June 2019 (16.15-17.30)
- SCIENCE – Mayflower High School, CM12 0RT – 3 July 2019 (16.15-17.30)
- PSYCHOLOGY, SOCIOLOGY, RE – Brentwood County High School, CM14 4JF – 26 June 2019 (16.15-17.30)
- MUSIC – The Fitzwimarc School, SS6 8EB – 2 July 2019 (16.15-17.30)
- ICT/COMPUTER SCIENCE – tbc
- ART – Moulsham High School, CM2 9ES – 26 June 2019 (16.15-17.30)
- HISTORY – Brentwood Ursuline Convent High School, CM14 4EX – 26 June 2019 (16.15-17.30)
- GEOGRAPHY – Mayflower High School, CM12 0RT – 3 July 2019 (16.15-17.30)
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our networks. To book a place, please email your choice of network, your name, school and position/title and the exam board syllabus you are working with to email@example.com
|Course start date||26 June 2019|
|Course duration||1.5 hrs|
|Course time||4:15 pm-5:30 pm|
|Venue||Various Secondary Schools in Essex|
|Cost||£50 per school - annual fee for as many teaching staff to attend as required (FREE to Billericay TSA Members)|
|Note||Please see details above for dates of specific networks running|