Outstanding Leadership in Education - HTs and their DHTs
Further dates for this programme will be planned in the future. Please let us know if you would like to attend a programme by selecting the Express Interest button below.
This 2-day conference is for Secondary Headteachers and their Deputies who wish to; move their understanding of Leadership to a high level, develop Leadership styles, and build on generic skills. Delegates will consolidate practice and significantly increase their effectiveness throughout each step of the programme. OfSTED have reported on the impact of this programme during school inspection reports.
About the programme
Each day explores different models which are immediately transferable to delegates own school circumstances and contexts. The programme is very much hands-on and activity based through exploration, all underpinned by DRICE ©
Each session has follow-up ‘Post Session Challenge’ provided as a Audit tool
Activities in the 2-day conference include;
- Context, Objectives, Expectations & Concerns
- PMI Leadership Quotes, Qualities of an Effective Leader, & Manager, Core Purpose & Values,
- Leadership & Vision, Levels of Leadership,
- Coaching as a Leader, Coaching for Action, Leadership vision for Teaching & Learning, How to inspire others,
- Building a Leadership Model, Wheel of Commitment,
- 3 Models of Leadership Progression,
- Working with governors and the community.
Audit of Professional Skills
Throughout the conference delegates will work across skills listed below;
- Vision and Strategic Planning, Integrity, Empathy,
- Problem Solving and Decision Making, Delegation,
- Managing Pressure, Effective Communication,
- Enthusiasm & Optimism, Team Building,
- Competence in Role.
Who is facilitating the Programme?
This programme is led by Richard Lockyer (OLE Author) Executive Director, Jariram Ltd.
Delegates will feel inspired and motivated to take their thinking and learning back into their schools.
|Course start date||TBC|
|Course duration||Two Days (Dates TBC)|
|Course time||9:00 am-4:00 pm|