Leading Staff Wellbeing - Getting It Right! (for Primary and Secondary Leaders)
Who is this programme for?
For Primary and Secondary Headteachers and Leaders wanting to better understand what has the biggest impact on staff wellbeing and where they should focus their energy and effort to achieve the biggest improvements.
Over two twilight sessions, delegates will increase their knowledge of the causes of poor staff wellbeing, the evidence to suggest why this needs to be a leadership focus and an understanding of the steps that are likely to provide the best return on any time or money spent.
The following will be explored during the two sessions:
- The main causes of poor staff wellbeing
- The evidence demonstrating that improvements in staff wellbeing lead to improvements in student progress and results.
- Where to focus for maximum impact – many schools spend time, money and effort on initiatives and training that is unlikely to make a difference.
- Why you should measure staff wellbeing and how to go about it
- The leadership competencies and behaviours that research has proven alleviate and reduce stress in staff.
- The need for ongoing action to be part of your school development plan.
Who is delivering the programme?
Mark Solomons has a wealth of experience designing and delivering bespoke training in schools. He is the author of Building Resilience: 7 Steps to Creating Highly Successful Lives, Co-founder of the Northern Ireland Wellbeing Academy, involving 17 Secondary and Primary Schools, and founder of the Wellbeing Accelerator for Schools. He trained as a coach with Dr David Hemery CBE, a pioneer of bringing coaching into education, and has worked with Sir John Whitmore, creator of The GROW Coaching Model.
How will my School benefit?
Delegates will be able to focus on specific areas and develop competencies in their leaders that will have the greatest impact on improving staff wellbeing and the benefits this will bring.
These benefits are likely to include; higher staff retention, lower absence levels, improving motivation, health, productivity and performance, while reducing costs, for example those associated with recruitment, cover and sickness.
How will my students benefit?
Evidence demonstrates that improved staff wellbeing leads to improved student outcomes. As well as responding to more engaged teachers, they will also mimic and copy their behaviour.
|Course start date||07 November 2017|
|Course duration||Two twilight sessions: 7 & 21 Nov 2017 (4.15pm-5.45pm)|
|Course end date||21 November 2017|
|Course time||4:15 pm-5:45 pm|
|Venue||The Billericay School, School Road, Billericay, CM12 9LH|
|Cost||£100 (£90 to Billericay TSA Members)|